Scientific Consultant, R&D - Biologics
Apply Here: Scientific Consultant, R&D - Biologics
The biopharmaceutical industry is on the verge of a digitalization revolution, adopting data-driven R&D approaches in order to develop innovative therapies quicker. Genedata’s market-leading enterprise software is fueling this revolution, enabling both global biopharma giants and cutting-edge biotechs to leverage biopharma R&D data analytics so they can find breakthrough therapies faster and improve outcomes sooner for patients worldwide. Join this digital transformation and help scientists around the world accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D.
About The Role
We are looking for a Scientific Consultant to report to the US Biologics Head of Scientific Account Management. As a member of our team, you will be working closely with customers on a wide variety of projects and tasks with an emphasis on enterprise software deployment and scientific consulting projects in the biopharma industry.
This full-time position is located at our US East Coast office, outside of Boston in Lexington, MA and requires up to 10% travel within North America and about once yearly travel to Europe.
Activities include work on scientific and technical customer projects, analysis, scientific and technical requirements analysis, large enterprise system deployment, data migration, system integration & technology transfer projects. Among other responsibilities, you will:
- Provide scientific and technical support for sales and business development
- Provide expert support and troubleshooting for customer workflow processes and how to use Genedata software
- Conduct customer requirements and gap analyses
- Develop training at customer sites
- Prepare and give scientific and technical presentations to customers and at conferences
- Work with our internal teams and customer-facing counterparts
- Communicate innovations in the industry and contribute towards improving our software, adapting to new technologies, systems, and procedures
Skills & Experience
- Advanced degree in sciences relevant to Biotech & Biopharma
- Curious problem solver interested in diverse areas of Biopharma & Biotech
- Able to present complex topics simply and rationally
- Detail-oriented and dedication to quality of work
- Must have initiative, excellent judgment, and a passion to solve customer needs with intelligent software
- Experience in one or more of the following areas biopharma R&D, antibody discovery, protein engineering, protein expression and purification, cell line development, bioprocess development, CMC, or biopharma production with bioanalytic, or lab automation
- Experience with scientific software, computer fluency, and familiarity with general IT concepts are advantageous
- Legally authorized to work in the US for any employer
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.