The primary responsibility of this role will be to support sample management for Analytical Technical Operations within the Technical Development organization. This new capability will be responsible for managing a small team of individuals as well as centralizing Technical Development’s product inventory and sample retains. The incumbent is expected to implement sample management processes and inform digital solutions to increase the team’s capacity with a goal of enabling automation (liquid handling, automated freezers). Additional responsibilities include ensuring all samples are handled as required, maintaining stability study chambers, creating batches for sample testing, transfer and aliquoting of samples, and shipping samples to external labs.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Consolidate sample management responsibilities from a broad team of analysts into a single function
- Build and lead a dynamic sample management team
- Create and maintain an inventory of development and stability samples, characterization retains, and reference material
- Support batching and testing of thousands of samples per month and a queue of over 30 assays
- Evaluate automation and implement digital solutions to drive efficiency gains and increase capacity 10-fold
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- A BS with 7-10 years of experience or MS with 5-7 years of relevant experience in an analytical testing lab, sample management lab experience preferred
- BS/MS in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or closely related field
- Experience in GDP/GLP and 5S Laboratories
- Proven track record of organizational and time management skills required to meet tight deadlines supporting regulatory filings
- Knowledge of Nucleic Acids and their applications
- Experience with complex and large inventory systems and software, such as LIMS
- Use of liquid handlers (e.g. with Hamilton or Tecan Robots) or automated freezers (SAM, Liconic, BIOS, etc)
Here’s What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Eligible for “Moderna Month” (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days’ vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
In 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a science research-stage company advancing programs in the promising-but-still-unproven field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with its first medicine having treated millions of people, a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across six modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for both clinical and commercial production at scale and at unprecedented speed. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna’s capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use of one of the earliest and most-effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna’s mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and auto-immune diseases. Today, 24 development programs are underway across these therapeutic areas, with 13 programs having entered the clinic. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past six years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.