Moderna is seeking an associate automation engineer for a position based at their Norwood, MA site. The individual in this role will be a highly organized, motivated, and a collaborative individual to triage and fix equipment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on instruments and projects within the High Throughput Development team. The individual will proactively communicate and collaborate with team colleagues, as well as environmental health and safety, facilities, supply chain, digital, IT, and outside engineers to ensure uninterrupted and efficient laboratory operations. The successful candidate must have a B.S. with 2-3 years’ or M.S. with 1-2 years’ experience in laboratory support services.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the troubleshooting instruments and minimizing downtime.
- Interface with Digital and IT teams to resolve any issues or needs escalated by the end user.
- Work with Agilent on coordinating preventative maintenance, calibrations, and work requests for equipment.
- Ability to attend trainings and learn on the job.
- Test new protocols and methods to ensure there is no process bugs.
- Work closely with laboratory and support staff to enable a safe, compliant, and efficient working environment including meeting 5S standards.
- inventory spare equipment.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Experience with systems like Hamilton, AKTA, Gilson, and Agilent.
- Highly organized work style and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Candidate will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes.
- B.S. with 2-3 years’ or M.S. with 1-2 years’ experience.
Here’s What We’ll Bring to the Table:
- On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Eligible for “Moderna Month” (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days’ vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
In 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a science research-stage company advancing programs in the promising-but-still-unproven field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with its first medicine having treated millions of people, a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across six modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for both clinical and commercial production at scale and at unprecedented speed. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna’s capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use of one of the earliest and most-effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna’s mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and auto-immune diseases. Today, 24 development programs are underway across these therapeutic areas, with 13 programs having entered the clinic. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past six years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.